[ExI] Entropy/randomness and Extropic view

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 04:47:11 UTC 2007

On Dec 6, 2007 6:01 PM, <citta437 at aol.com> wrote:

> Evolution is random in relation to genetic mutation however the
> determinists view of evolution is analogous to the Exropic view.
>
> The causes of aging and illness can be determined using hi-tech
> diagnostic devices in line with the extropian principle of scientific
> method of investigation.
>
> Without entropy, what would drive humans towards the path of extropy?

If negentropy opposes entropy, then I propose negextropy is a semi-facetious
answer to your semi-rhetorical question.  :)

I would further venture that the net effect of extropian efforts in equal
opposition to your own extropian efforts result in overall stasis.  It seems
to be the nature of this system that any fluctuation in global direction
generates a normalizing force which seeks equilibrium.  I believe the goal
of this list is to agree on a direction long enough to establish a 'better'
baseline around which to settle upon.