[ExI] von Neumann probes (was Re: fermi paradox)

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Dec 8 18:50:24 UTC 2007

Hmmm, not necessarily Bryan perhaps, on several of these contentions.  If
the nanoprobes are inactive at low temperatures and thus travel for
arbitrarily long time spans, then the dozens of light years does not apply.
If they are as expendable as a handful of dust, then we need not predict the
existence of planets.  If there is potential destruction of extant life
forms at the destination, that scarcely represents any risk for the sender.