[ExI] more on Zindell and sims

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 14:18:48 UTC 2007

On Sunday 09 December 2007, Damien Broderick quoted:
> territory that it describes, a virtual reality can only ever be a
> pale shadow of the real thing. Such constructs might prove amusing,
> or even useful and illuminating, but how could they ever take the
> place of the essential reality that they represent?

Maybe the subjective biases of whatever processes/beings are within the
vr could choose to it over True reality? After all, even in the True
reality we are unable to completely see the territory and our brains
_must_ make maps.

Damien, is this the first time you've heard of Zindell?

- Bryan