[ExI] abandon all services

David Lubkin extropy at unreasonable.com
Sun Dec 9 17:56:59 UTC 2007

Amara wrote:

>If I was more Buddhist than I am, the combination of the experiences of
>my Italian years plus the final months left me on November 17 with
>almost nothing that I once valued when I entered the Italy in January
>2003, but instead, a pure being, which would have been perfect for
>entering a monastery. :-/

Not a nunnery....?

>But all of that isn't really even important, at the end. I still have
>my good health, which is more important than everything, so that is
>the biggest lesson to my ~5 Italian years.

Four thoughts come to mind -- cliches admittedly, but I believe in them.

Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

*Nothing* in life is entirely good or entirely bad.

You should write more -- they say nothing bad can
ever happen to a writer. Whenever something does,
you can say, "Hey, I can use that."

Besides your health, you have your friends. And
you *are* someone abounding with people who give a damn what happens to you.

-- David.