[ExI] Evolutionary Psychology and Religion

citta437 at aol.com citta437 at aol.com
Tue Dec 11 13:33:06 UTC 2007

/Growing up in a religious environment was said to have little effect
> on belief. Dr Hamer, who in 1993 claimed to have identified a DNA
> sequence linked to male homosexuality, said the existence of the "god
> gene" explained why some people had more aptitude for spirituality
> than others." /
______________

The so called " god gene" or aptitude for spirituality arise from the
sense of self-preservation. Fear drives humans to invent a system
called religion or god to protect them from their own imagined fears.
Psychologically speaking, Roosevelt said: "There's nothing to fear but
fear itself."

Chemicals in our brain contain dopamine stimulating "the fight or
flight response" originating from the limbic area which we share with
other mammals. Brain chemicals are forms of energy which follows the
laws of physics, briefly stated: for every action there's an equal and
opposite reaction."