[ExI] The Appropriate Technology

citta437 at aol.com citta437 at aol.com
Tue Dec 11 14:46:40 UTC 2007

Spike wrote:
"> The idea I take away is that without the appropriate technology,
wealth
> alone is of little value.  The poorest among us would surely be
unwilling
> give up their modern destitution in exchange for being the richest
person
> on
> the planet a mere thousand years ago.  What say ye, highly
intelligent but
> capital challenged friends?  Any takers?"
____________

The appropriate technology, if I may call it that, is lacking in the
form of proper education with emphasis on science starting in the
elementary level onward with a equal emphasis on the arts and
humanities. In third developing countries or some first developing ones
there is little or nothing in the form of proper education balancing
religious education as in the form of arts/ philosophy with scientific
subjects or applied sciences to become a well rounded human being/a
well rounded education.

The issue with morality as an ideal/utopian dream cannot be resolved
with irrationality. Morality cannot be legislated or genetically
programmed but a rational education is just a tip of the iceberg so to
speak.

Terry