[ExI] Morality and Meta

citta437 at aol.com citta437 at aol.com
Thu Dec 13 14:58:02 UTC 2007

Keith wrote:
On 12-12-07
"Girl children don't have breasts.  Babies don't talk or walk.  Yet
all these products of evolution are widespread in adults (of the
appropriate sex).  Not to mention that moral emotions such as shame
emerge very early in children, about 3, when (in the EEA) they
graduated from their mother's arms to the play group."
_____________

Hi, Keith before I respond to the above let me thank you for that
picture of a young charming costumed girl you sent. First of all that
was not me and secondly I was not in any convention with costumed
members. The conventions I attended were with Secular Humanists where
I've been a member for a decade now.

I agree children are too young to understand adults' obssessions about
sex and morality. But as they grow into their teens, hormonal changes
are manifested in their body and behavior. However, babies start to
develop a sense of self between the outside and their feelings of need
to be fed, to be touched and to communicate these needs. The feelings
of shame emerge soon or late depending on the structure of the brain's
ability to acquire language inorder to get enculturated. Btw what is
EEA? Does it concern about the evolution of ego? If so then ego or the
sense of self is embedded in the genes what some evolutionary biologist
call the survival instinct which was inherited from the earliest
organism that evolved.

Terry