[ExI] simulation

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 19:05:54 UTC 2007

On Saturday 15 December 2007, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> Making fiber is easy enough, but laying fiber isn't. Unless, magickal
> nanomoles burrowing everywhere, crisscrossing the crust with active
> optical gear for free.

Huh? What about a warehouse where all of the cpu nodes are being placed
in a neat, orderly fashion, and then having simple bots (or people)
come around and connect the new fiber from node to router/distributor?

Ah, maybe a warehouse is not enough. So the best place to do this might
be the desert, and then we don't have to worry about cables running
over the surface, it's not like we're going to be disturbed by curious
bystanders.

> (Btw, here's a nice novel illustrating such
> http://www.kschroeder.com/Ventus/ )

I was embarrased to order the book a few weeks ago, only to find within
an hour an online copy. Heh.

- Bryan