[ExI] Second Law of Thermodynamics

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Dec 16 20:37:29 UTC 2007

> > bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of ben

> > > Fridges are a bit like life. They seem to reverse entropy, but really
> > > they just redistribute it. Globally you get more of it, but locally,
> you
> > > get ice cream.
> > >
> > > ben zed
> >

> > Ben, may I add this to my public domain collection of wise and cool
> > sayings
> > from ExI-chat?
>
> > spike
>

> Woo-Hoo!
>
> I get to be the author of a 'wise and cool' saying!  :-D
>
> Of course you can use it. I'm honoured.
>
> ben zed

Ben, likewise with the term woo-hoo, I would donate it to the public domain,
but I was not the originator.  It was said best by Homer Simpson, and first
by Tigger.

Your comment is a good one to offer anyone puzzled by the creationists
saying that life violates the second law of thermodynamics by decreasing
entropy.  It really doesn't.  The earth-sun system is still increasing
overall entropy, even while a group of S-Brains are forming.