[ExI] simulation

Vladimir Nesov robotact at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 01:06:27 UTC 2007

On Dec 17, 2007 1:14 AM, Gary Miller <aiguy at comcast.net> wrote:
> The latency limitation is the speed of light limitation of how long it takes
> information to move between each node in a network of processing units which
> makes up the theorized mbrain, jbrain, orbiting processor clusters.  If the
> nodes are to function as a large distributed computer then the latency would
> form a processing bottleneck.
>
> If quantum entanglement could allow information to pass instantaneously
> without regard to light speed between nodes then there would be zero latency
> and latency would cease to be a bottleneck.  As long as two nodes could
> shared a sufficient mass of entangled photons the hope would be that they
> would serve as a instantaneous communication channel.
>
> I have found papers attempting to disprove and prove the possibility and the
> equations are beyond the level of effort necessary for me to be sufficiently
> motivated to understand them.  If it is possible though, I do not see it as
> a violation of the speed of light since the information is not traveling
> between the two particles.  The particles being entangled are like the same
> particle appearing at two points in space simultaneously. If the information
> is moving between particles it is not moving through our space but taking a
> direct route through an alternate dimension.

Aren't entangled particles just 'synchronized' for all purposes? They
are guaranteed to show the same result, but result is random, you
can't transfer information between observers by observation itself.
How can it be used better than normal bit obtained from randomizer,
copied, copies moved to different places, and then independently
'observed'?

Vladimir Nesov                            mailto:robotact at gmail.com