[ExI] Singularity as a complex adaptive system - What does the environment look like?

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Mon Dec 17 04:01:53 UTC 2007

On Dec 16, 2007, at 8:59 AM, Natasha Vita-More wrote:

> If you were to design an environment which includes NBIC advances as
> they affect posthumanism, transhumanism, cyborgs, transhumans,
> posthumans, as contingent and overlapping spheres, what would it
> look like?

I think I need a bit of translation of the question to begin to answer
it.   Since I presume NBIC advances are essential to arriving at
actual transhumans and posthumans  I don't see how "affect" is quite
the right word since these states require NBIC advances.    Or am I
missing something?    Clearly such states are contingent on some such
advances but what is this about designing an environment which
includes such advances?   Are you asking for what such a society/
economy/gestalt may be like?    And which things are you asking be
considered as "spheres", overlapping or otherwise?    And lastly what
do you mean and not mean by "look" like?

- samantha