[ExI] Singularity as a complex adaptive system - What does the environment look like?

x at extropica.org x at extropica.org
Sun Dec 16 21:12:56 UTC 2007

On 12/16/07, Natasha Vita-More <natasha at natasha.cc> wrote:

>  If you have an environment (use a circle) and that environment is the
> "corpus" of "ideas" within which Human 2.0, Human 3.0, etc. are spawned and
> that environment contains all of transhumanism.  The environment has
> overlapping characteristics of humanism (another circle when is part in and
> part out of the corpus of ideas), and another overlapping circle which is
> the environment of scientific ideas which are spawned or interconnect within
> this corpus of ideas (this circle when is part in and part out of the corpus
> of ideas), and another overlapping circle of science fiction which are
> spawned or interconnect within this corpus of ideas (another circle when is
> part in and part out of the corpus of ideas).
>
>  What is this corpus of ideas called?

So to paraphrase, it appears you're asking for a name representing a
"meme-plex" comprising the various memetic domains supporting the
advancement of NBIC technologies.

I would refer to this as a wide arc of **extropic** thought.

In more conventional terminology, I suppose it could be referred to as
"technoprogressive", in the purer sense unencumbered with the
connotations of left-wing politics, having quite successfully co-opted
"progressive" for their own purposes.