[ExI] psi or bad statistics?

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Tue Dec 18 01:18:24 UTC 2007

At 03:43 PM 12/17/2007 -0800, Eliezer wrote:

>The particular statistical flaw in Radin's experiments would seem to
>be described here:
>
>http://m0134.fmg.uva.nl/publications/2002/expectationbias_PA2002.pdf

You did notice that this paper was co-authored by Prof. Dick Bierman,
who did substantial experimental work in presponses, showing
significant effects, both before and after this critique? As Dean
Radin comments:

"Of course Dick and I were aware of this purported bias from the very
beginning of this line of research, over a decade ago. And of course
we've checked it thoroughly. It is based on what amounts to a
physiological gambler's fallacy. Dick and I, and Ed May and Rollin
McCraty and others who've actually collected data have checked to see
whether the proposed anticipatory biases actually appear in the data.
The answer is no. We've all published our findings."

Damien Broderick