[ExI] Dollar a gallon gas was Rationality and Irrationality

hkhenson hkhenson at rogers.com
Tue Dec 18 18:24:23 UTC 2007

At 08:09 AM 12/18/2007, Kevin Freels wrote:

snip

>More money needs to be spent on R&D to make these products
>available. I like where you are going with this though. How about a
>$1.50 per gallon gas guzzler tax on all passenger vehicles that get
>less than 30 mpg and use that money to directly fund alternative R&D.

There does not seem to be very many mechanical/electrical/chemical
engineers on the list at the moment.  Or else they are not posting.

The problems of expensive gas and too much carbon being dumped into
the atmosphere are an engineering ones.  There is at least one
obvious solution.  True it might cost what the Iraq war cost, but the
ROI has just got to be better.

Keith