[ExI] Quantum Entanglement (was: simulation)

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Tue Dec 18 20:39:16 UTC 2007

"Eugen Leitl" <eugen at leitl.org>

> if he [Schneier] said that

He did.

> he was wrong.

No he was not wrong, nor is he saying anything different today. In one of
the very pages you recommend Schneier says:

"It's not that quantum cryptography might be insecure; it's that we don't
need cryptography to be any more secure."

And I agree it is overkill, and I agree there are much easier ways to keep
things secret; but that is a very long way from saying it's snake oil and
putting it in the same category as cold fusion, flying saucers, Bigfoot and
ESP crap. And it's only overkill if your opponent does not have a working
quantum computer; if they do then there will be no choice, it will be
quantum cryptography or nothing.

 John K Clark