[ExI] Rationality and Irrationality

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Dec 20 05:46:15 UTC 2007

> > I am tempted to claim
> > that in at least some cases, being taught nonsense early in life may
> > help some minds to search out the truth.
>
> Sort of like breaking a wing on a baby bird and tossing it out of the
> nest results in the ones that survive being stronger??  Minds are too
> important.

Tell ya what, I will repent of that comment, with a flimsy excuse that I
kinda realized it was a weak argument when I wrote it.  Notice my tentative
language.  I now agree: we need to look carefully at what we let our
children are being taught, and work to counteract nonsense early and often.

Check this link.  I find it extremely disturbing.  I am amazed MSNBC is
talking about this at all:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/22325787#22315728