[ExI] Rationality and Irrationality

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Dec 23 01:06:18 UTC 2007

bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Morris Johnson

I'd like the bioproducts industry to be able to fully replace the oil
industry before the last barrel of oil is squeezed out.
In my opinion it will be a horse race to see if we can actually make this
happen.

Morris if this is a horse race I know exactly on which horse I am betting.
Regardless of what technology is discovered, as long as there is oil in the
ground, humanity will continue to refine and burn the stuff.  Our burn rate
may slow considerably as replacements come online, but the existence of
cheap oil is exactly what has kept the replacements from happening.