[ExI] Where is consciousness located?

citta437 at aol.com citta437 at aol.com
Sun Dec 23 18:59:22 UTC 2007

": Brent Allsop

> John has always claimed that if phenomenal properties are not
objectively
> or abstractly detectable, then evolution could not select for them.

Yes that is exactly true.
_______________

Evolution is a theory not having anthromorpic character of dualism.
Life evolves in various forms with or without intelligence. Natural
selection is an idea concocted by a mind attached in a theory based on
a finite brain.

Our brains evolved without intelligence then as it develops from a
simple organism to a more complex system in response to change, some
brains regressed and some developed conscious processes using
unconscious AI.

The steps leading to conscious processes started with unconscious
processes in interacting atoms and molecules and during this period
consciousness evolved gradually in some primates then some minds
exhibited intelligent consciousness while some lagged behind.

Terry