[ExI] Great Minds

Ian Goddard iamgoddard at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 24 02:12:57 UTC 2007

While reading Science News I happened upon an ad for
the new book:

Beyond Human: Living with Robots and Cyborgs
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0765310821

Notice the nice cover art, a spiral shaped like DNA
leading into a metallic robot. It immediately reminded
me of Natasha's ingenious creation:

DNA BREAKOUT!
http://www.natasha.cc/image1.htm

A good example that great minds think alike!

Though I think Natasha's piece has deeper and more
coherent meaning. The book-cover art connotes a
progression from life to robots, or that humans lead
to robots. On the other hand, Natasha's design
connotes something much more spectacular. It's message
points to a continuation of *self* beyond DNA. In it
we see Natasha herself breaking out of DNA. Not a
replacement humans with cold robots, but the implied
migration of *self* from one support medium to another
-- a message of individual liberation. A truly
fantastic vision! ~Ian

http://iangoddard.net

"Priests dread the advance of science as witches do
the approach of daylight." - Thomas Jefferson