[ExI] LA Times: Scientists can't get their minds around Alzheimer's

Kaj Sotala xuenay at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 15:56:06 UTC 2007

On 12/28/07, Stathis Papaioannou <stathisp at gmail.com> wrote:
> The implication is that if Alzheimer's is something that accompanies
> aging then it's normal, and if it's normal then we just have to accept
> it. And then what will we do when it becomes clear that cancer, heart
> disease, osteoarthritis etc. are just part of aging and therefore
> "normal"?

Maybe that would help somewhat against the "since aging is normal and
there's no reason to fight against it" meme. What is needed is
campaigns for broader general awareness of Alzheimer's and related
diseases, both for the sake of the Alzheimer patients themselves and
to show how horrible aging really can get.

--
http://www.saunalahti.fi/~tspro1/ | http://xuenay.livejournal.com/

Organizations worth your time:
http://www.singinst.org/ | http://www.crnano.org/ | http://lifeboat.com/