[ExI] elections again; was [Time Magazine: Person of the Year: Putin(!), my vote instead:Anna Politkovskaja]

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Dec 28 17:49:06 UTC 2007

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of MB
>
> So what to do when the *state* one lives in has removed the party of ones
> choice
> from the ballot?  There's a two-party-only setup in my area unless one can
> show
> (subject to those two party's approval) sufficient voters and *money* to
> get back on
> the ballot....
> MB

The system I will soon propose works for arbitrarily many candidates, and
can deal with *any and all * write-in candidates, for it would include a
qwerty keyboard.  We could learn for the first time how popular some of the
minor and write-in candidates are.

MB you are actually describing a feature of the mainstream news media rather
than strictly the election system.  The minor candidates do not get the ink.
But with electronic communications and the resulting decline of the
importance and credibility of the mainstream press, the previously sidelined
candidates can now have their day.