[ExI] META: (was Re: LA Times: Rehabbing militants in Saudi Arabia(Meta))

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Dec 29 16:16:35 UTC 2007

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Eugen Leitl
> Subject: [ExI] META: (was Re: LA Times: Rehabbing militants in Saudi
> Arabia(Meta))
>
> On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 09:07:16AM -0500, Gary Miller wrote:
>
> > I agree 100% Eugene, but how about we don't wait until we're 10 or 15
> posts
>
> There is no wta-politics equivalent for extropy-chat yet.
> Given that a sink for noisy discussions has worked well for
> other communities (ccm-l, etc.) there perhaps should be one.
>
> Do y'all agree? Yea or nay, to me privately, please...

Eugen asked for yea-or-nay privately, but related comments can go onlist and
this is mine:  I have been hanging out here for over ten years.  The last
couple years have been the calmest and least politically heated of the
decade.  We used to have ferocious political flame wars on a regular basis.
Check the archives, oy vey.  Thanks are due to Eugen for (somehow) getting
that mess under control.