[ExI] Asteroid on track for possible (probability of 1:25) Marshit

Ian Goddard iamgoddard at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 30 06:31:01 UTC 2007

spike wrote:

> Ian Goddard!  How the heck are ya man?  Welcome
> back bud.  {8-]

 Thanks Spike! I've been doin well and gettin stronger
everyday since I terminated my four-year experiment in
calorie restriction (CR):

 http://iangoddard.net/muscleSeries.jpg

Yeah yeah I know, I should smile. I need to work on a
tough-guy smile... now that's a hard one. :)  I'm not
exactly a 'muscle man', but relative to how thin I was
(look at that shirt in 2005, it's like a baggy potato
sack draped over a skeleton) I'm pleased. But even
more, self-sculpting is just plain fun! It's like
building an object, a model or work of art that
happens to be you. Of course I've got a long way to
go, but I'm going to try to build a classical frame,
even at my age of 42... Live for and be art.

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.cfm?release=2007-144

> Those craft were well built devices, ja?

 I recall that when they arrived on Mars in 2004,
their predicted lifespan was merely 6 months.

> If the asteroid impacts Mars and the rovers are
> lost, Lockmart will be happy to build new ones.

 Of all the things it looked like might stop the
rovers, computer glitches, gettin stuck, sand on the
panels, ... and of all the things the NASA team may
have imagined might kill them, to think, an asteroid!
I bet nobody imagined an asteroid hitting Mars was a
likely demise for the rovers. Of course probably it
won't be, but the odds arouse attention. It goes to
show how suddenly we might realize there's a rollin
stone out there with our name on it. :^o

 Hmmm, is building an asteroid shield a case where
government might be useful or even necessary? ~Ian

http://IanGoddard.net

"A proposition is a model of reality as we imagine
it." - Wittgenstein