[ExI] elections again

Harvey Newstrom mail at harveynewstrom.com
Sun Dec 30 17:42:26 UTC 2007

On Sunday 30 December 2007 11:42, John K Clark wrote:
> Or make certain the technology is so powerful that the rebellion is of
> trivial importance.

That's great if you are the dictator.  But do you want someone else gaining
ultimate power of the entire world including you?

> > How can someone create a super-AI without
> > threatening the people who don't want the
> > possibility of an AI dictator?
>
> That is an easy question to answer, you can't.

Oh, ye of little faith.  Of course we can.  It just takes a little more
effort.  Are we really that lazy or impatient that we won't work to make our
technology safe before we deploy it?  We just want to plow ahead, damn the
torpedoes?

And isn't this just begging for somebody to preemptively nuke us in
self-defense?

--
Harvey Newstrom <www.harveynewstrom.com>
CISSP CISA CISM CIFI GSEC IAM ISSAP ISSMP ISSPCS IBMCP