[ExI] elections again

Harvey Newstrom mail at harveynewstrom.com
Mon Dec 31 01:40:17 UTC 2007

On Sunday 30 December 2007 13:38, John K Clark wrote:

> I wasn't talking about what I wanted, I was talking about what will be.

> I am, I've got better things to do than trying to square the circle when I
> already know it can't be done.

> What we want doesn't enter into it.

> Could be. As I said before the Singularity will have lots of dangers
> we can't control and even more we can't even predict.

Wow.  These seem to be really defeatist attitudes.  So many of your answers
are based on helplessness.  You seem to believe that we can't change the
future, what we want doesn't matter, and it's all inevitable.  Your answers
are short to the point that it seems you don't want to even try discussing
these issues because we can't do anything about them.  Is that how you feel?
Is it as all hopeless as that?  Do you think you have any control over future
destiny?

--
Harvey Newstrom <www.harveynewstrom.com>
CISSP CISA CISM CIFI GSEC IAM ISSAP ISSMP ISSPCS IBMCP