[ExI] elections again; was [Time Magazine: Person of the Year: Putin(!),my voteinstead:Anna Politkovskaja]

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Dec 31 16:20:54 UTC 2007

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of spike
> To: 'ExI chat list'

> ...  It isn't technically difficult or expensive...requires a random
collection of stand-alone and
> probably obsolete cast-off computers and printers... If such a thing
> isn't implemented, I am suspicious as hell.  ... When in doubt, toss em
out.  When not in doubt, toss em out anyway. spike

The Kenyans are rioting over rigged elections.  Over 100 are dead.
Democracies must move immediately to build confidence in elections.  The
fact that we can design fair, transparent and verifiable elections, yet
choose to not do it, is a danger to all democracies: