[extropy-chat] Sea boom

Technotranscendence neptune at superlink.net
Thu Feb 1 00:56:02 UTC 2007

On Wednesday, January 31, 2007 9:23 AM Anders Sandberg asa at nada.kth.se

http://www.youtube.com/p.swf?video_id=eMG2SBwIcrM&eurl=http%3A//www.e24.se/dynamiskt/klacksparkar/did_14533588.asp&iurl=http%3A//sjl-static3.sjl.youtube.com/vi/eMG2SBwIcrM/2.jpg&t=OEgsToPDskLcQYWlDCcNpLn1Q6HKkWpu

> Perhaps not a major setback, but sad. However, the explosion is neat.

Yes, sad and neat to see.  In a way, it's good it happened now and not,
say, several years ago.  They've already got quite a few successful
launches under their belt, so it's a proven model.  However, whether
they'll continue is another matter.  I'm not sure how damaged the launch
platform is and that might be the deciding factor.  (Of course, it all
depends on how much profit they can make off launches.  This might drive
up their [self?] insurance costs considerably.)

Regards,

Dan