[extropy-chat] Elvis Sightings (2)

Keith Henson hkhenson at rogers.com
Wed Feb 7 22:18:49 UTC 2007

At 08:08 PM 2/3/2007 -0500, you wrote:

>Yes, but in the case of CF, many of the replicators have been
>respected scientists at decent universities... not just crackpots in
>science fair experiments...

Right Ben, places like Stanford and the U of Hawaii are some I remember.

>I don't really care about theoretical questions about hypothetical
>situations, I'm more interesting in talking about the details of this
>particular case, which you are not informed about...

The problem with CF or whatever it is, is that (as far as I know) nobody
has a theory about why this should occur. Responding to a certain person's
posts are a waste of time compared to even the wildest speculations you can
think of to account for the observations and suggestions on ways to test them.

I have a few ideas.  Is there any central place where researchers fish for
ideas?

Keith