[extropy-chat] Gaming: ? re 2010 - 2030 "GameChangers"

Sean Lynch seanl at literati.org
Wed Feb 7 01:17:19 UTC 2007

nvitamore at austin.rr.com wrote:
> Does anyone have an opinion of what would be the top three "GameChangers"*
> coming from 2010 to 2030 in the area of interactive media and entertainment
> from a consumer point of view?
>
> *GameChanger: Its "mission is to deliver new business opportunities —
> specifically, breakthrough or "game-changing" opportunities. ...
> GameChanger trades in a market for ideas, rewarding innovators with a
> variety of remuneration schemes, should their idea become a basis for a
> commercial venture. However, the GameChanger experience also strongly
> suggests that people compete for a chance to have their personal vision
> impact the corporate future."

This is probably too near-term for what you want, but I think that
what's currently called "user-provided content" or "consumer-created
content" or whatever is going to change the game much more than it
already has. "Games" like Second Life could potentially become far more
popular than World of Warcraft when you consider how inefficient the
whole setup of Second Life currently is for content creation and how
much is created there even with the rough tools currently available; the
scripting language for SL was created in a single day!