[extropy-chat] Elvis Sightings (2)

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Feb 9 19:53:02 UTC 2007

On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 01:11:11PM -0600, Damien Broderick wrote:

> It's a rachet. Once the formal decision has been taken to ban papers
> on a topic, new information gets locked out of the communal flow of
> discourse *and its very absence then serves as "proof" that there's

If I had kW/cm^3 power densities (reproduced 11 times in the same apparatus,
until they got bored with it, and dismantled it, yeah, sure)
I wouldn't bother with communal flow of discourse. I would be
SELLING IT, and let the rest of them high-falutin' Nature hoitytoities
suffer the indignity of publishing papers derived from reverse-engineered
MY free-energy devices bought from WalMart.

I'm amazed y'all so gullible. Did you read the papers from the site
Ben plugged? I've never read more sad crap in my life. The italian
ones postulating a nuclear source for a blown up water electrolytic
cell takes the cake. It's a children's experiment, for god's sake.
Even if one's clueless about energy content of palladium hydride in
air, surely one must have heard about knallgas?