[extropy-chat] Elvis Sightings (2)

Benjamin Goertzel ben at goertzel.org
Sat Feb 10 20:23:42 UTC 2007

> > There are other papers presenting such comparisons however, e.g.
>
> The point is that the experimenters didn't seem to have ran
> such a control in their own setup. If true, this is a cardinal
> mistake. Completely inexcusable. You simply Don't Do It.

This control experiment has been run many times, however.

So far as I know, no one ever reported big bursts of heat production
using ordinary water rather than heavy water.

I am not an expert on experimental design in this domain, but from
what I read in Beaudette's book, different researchers chose to use
different sorts of controls; and some did use the kind that you suggest.

> > Y. Arata and Y-C Zhang, "Anomalous difference between reaction
> > energies generated within D20-cell and H20 Cell", Jpn. J. Appl. Phys
> > 37, L1274 (1998)
>
> Have you read it?

No, I just picked it out because Arata's work is discussed in Beaudette's book,
and the title mentioned the type of control experiment you mentioned.

Also, I would suggest you look at McKubre's papers, at the lenr-canr archive.

>From what I can tell he is a good researcher; he is at SRI which is a
high-quality institution, and he worked on CF for many years (and
still is, I think).

A number of his works in the area are available on that site.

I would be curious if you have complaints about the quality of his work.

-- Ben