[extropy-chat] Elvis Sightings

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Mon Feb 12 16:36:14 UTC 2007

"Damien Broderick" <thespike at satx.rr.com>

 > **GAME OVER!!**

I rather think not. What would be the point of reading it, what conceivable
ASCII sequence could this Bozo post onto his website that would convince me
that he was right when I have no way of knowing if the "data" he posts came
from a real experiment or entirely from his own imagination? And please
don't tell me such a thing is inconceivable, it is all too conceivable
especially in the field of ESP and cold fusion. The beauty of a peer
review journal is that it builds a chain of trust between the reader and the
experimenter.  A website just tells me somebody knows how to type.

Perhaps Dennett was embarrassed, I don't know I wasn't there, but I'll tell
you one thing, I WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN! I am PROUD to say I have managed to
find more interesting things to do with my time than  actually reading this
stuff, and long "uncomfortable" silences don't bother me at all when I know
that I am right and they are wrong. Life is short and you can't read
everything.

  John K Clark