[extropy-chat] Cold Fusion Survey

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Mon Feb 12 17:56:24 UTC 2007

On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 12:03:04PM -0500, Robin Hanson wrote:

> I guess you don't believe in the concept of probabilities as a way to

I can't compute the probability of something I don't know.
If there's no light in the room I don't know whether I'll
trip on a chair on the way to the light switch.

> express uncertainty?    Are there any odds at which you would bet?

I wouldn't, because odds are just public displays of commitment.
All I know that the science is bad, that's a 0.9 probability
at least.