[extropy-chat] Save the World

giorgio gaviraghi giogavir at yahoo.it
Wed Feb 14 09:42:35 UTC 2007

the melting of the icecaps and the resulting excess of water which threatens the environment by damaging or even eliminating our coastal areas and cities could be solved in a
more creative way which would give benefits to all the regions involved.
Creating new seas and oceans in desert areas by deflecting the extra water in canals to the prepared locations.
A new ocean in the sahara desert for example would not only change the area climate, for the better, but will improve the economy creating millon of new jobs and opportunities in a totally abandoned area. New cities with waterfronts , new reclaimed land for agriculture, new resorts will spring from such activity changing the face of an actually useless location.
We should face the coming challenges by trasnforming the problems into  opportunities