[extropy-chat] D-Wave premiere of 16 qubit processor

Ben Goertzel ben at goertzel.org
Wed Feb 14 18:00:50 UTC 2007

Robert Bradbury wrote:

> Can anyone show me how quantum computers *or* AGI apply to the
> following problems:
>
> 1) Protein folding (presumably done through classical molecular
> dynamics simulations) [1]

Seems clear that quantum computing can help with this, as it's a matter
of large-scale simulations of
quantum processes.
> 2) Nano-part design
> 3) Nano-system, esp. nanorobot, design

An advanced general intelligence with direct sensors and actuators at
the nanoscale would obviously do a much quicker job of creating a
Drexlerian molecular assembler than us hairless apes, who interact with
the nanoworld only very indirectly.

-- Ben