[extropy-chat] Re-save the world

Brian J. Shores artillo at comcast.net
Thu Feb 15 19:50:23 UTC 2007

Well, I used to use a program called Vistapro which used actual USGS maps in
DEM format that when imported into the program, you could adjust the "sea
level", terrain elevation scales, etc. and make it look however you wished
before rendering the scene. DEM's are probably still available as well as
presumably more advanced programs than ye olde Vistapro.

The Al Gore movie is called "An Inconvenient Truth", and I wish everyone
would watch it and take it seriously. I used to think that global warming
was one of Al's "pet projects" for some kind of election ploy, but after
watching the movie I could tell how serious and involved he has been for a
good part of his career.