[extropy-chat] Larry Page on Google's AI and pimping science/tech/futurism

kevin.osborne kevin.osborne at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 07:07:45 UTC 2007

via: http://news.com.com/2100-11395_3-6160372.html

"We have some people at Google (who) are really trying to build
artificial intelligence and to do it on a large scale ... It's not as
far off as people think."

"His guess, he said, was that the brain's algorithms weren't all that
complicated and could be approximated, eventually, with a lot of
computational power"

"Virtually all economic growth (in the world) was due to technological
progress. I think as a society we're not really paying attention to
that," Page said. "Science has a real marketing problem. If all the
growth in world is due to science and technology and no one pays
attention to you, then you have a serious marketing problem."