[extropy-chat] Fwd: CNN features amazing user with autism

Ben Goertzel ben at goertzel.org
Sun Feb 25 01:55:15 UTC 2007

Jef Allbright wrote:
> Thanks Ben. I didn't dig very deeply into this before posting, and
> CNN's reputation allayed my usual skepticism.  There's significantly
> more to this story than what was presented.
>
> Downgraded from "highly recommended" to "interesting."

The conclusion of the discussion of her writings and videos on the SR
alumni list was:
She has not lied about anything, but has definitely given some
misleading impressions ...
but whether this has been intentional or not, is not at all clear, given
that she is autistic
and is probably kinda clueless regarding others' perceptions and
intentions...

Definitely interesting stuff, but requiring careful scrutiny

Check out her site

http://ballastexistenz.autistics.org/