[extropy-chat] Boltzmann Brains

Heartland velvethum at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 25 14:33:33 UTC 2007

Stathis Papaioannou:
"The implication of this is that I don't have to wait zillions of years for
the one "correct" configuration that will implement my brain, because at
least one of the infinite possible configurations will come up somewhere
every moment. You're guaranteed of instant continuation after death, and in
fact your next conscious moment will most likely be generated by this
mechanism."

There is no significant difference *in type* between your conscious experience and
a conscious experience of someone else so as long as there exists someone who
remains conscious after you die, you would have to conclude that you'd be
guaranteed an instant continuation after death, no?

H.