[extropy-chat] Identity fallacy illustrated

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 00:49:42 UTC 2007

On 2/25/07, Eliezer S. Yudkowsky <sentience at pobox.com> wrote:

> http://www.ozyandmillie.org/d/20070220.html

Ok, fine.  Neurons change, people are different.  Conclusions derived from
those neurons are likely to be diffferent over time.

Do you have a point for us?  (The normal trolls are in the universe...)   I
can grok the identify fallacy  -- it is laid out in B&W.   Do you have a
case that would argue that I should be rushing to sell my soul to the
overlord AI?  (Other than some wishful thinking that it is going to think at
a higher level than our best minds already do.)    Note that I have no
argument that this case may one day eventually be made.  I have an arguement
that you can make it today.

Robert