[extropy-chat] The reverse Turing Test

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Wed Feb 28 03:25:08 UTC 2007

Gnirut!  Love it, thanks Alex.  Turing was one of those people so gifted, so
exceedingly intelligent, their very existence is a constant reminder of how
thoroughly and profoundly I suck.  I propose using Alex's term gnirut to
mean the polar opposite of Turing.  This term would apply particularly to
those who exasperate one with their total recall of disembodied facts,
completely removed from any logical framework, useless to the extreme, who
create the illusion of intelligence but whose brain is little more
functioning than a dictionary.

We could even invent variations on a theme.  A gnirut with an iPod
displaying particularly bad judgment could be called an iGnirut fool.  A
person who knows every detail of a Linux-based free OS could be called a
Gnurut.  A gnirut who can be trusted to always do the right thing could be
called an honor gnirut.

{8^D

Come now friends.  We haven't had a good Exi punfest in a long time. A most
deplorable situation is this.  Do rectify, wordplayers.