[extropy-chat] Sasha is alive!

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 10:03:13 UTC 2007

Now this is a really interesting new thread for 2007!
Of course I agree with Samantha that resurrecting the dead is not
doable with any of the technologies we are even remotely able to
imagine at this moment. The vast majority of the information is
indeed, according to our current knowledge of physics, gone. But
"there are more things in heaven and earth...".
Regaining the information would not require time travel, but only the
ability to retrieve information from the past, which is not the same
thing. Information transfer from the past to the future does not
create logical paradoxes.
And come to that, full time travel itself does not create logical
paradoxes in the MWI.
If something is not against the fundamental laws of physics, sooner or
later engineers will find a way to do it. So, having never met Sasha,
I look forward to meeting him in a few thousands of years.
I wrote on this a couple of years ago and remember some interesting
comments by Samantha. Now I have moved the article to a new home:
http://transumanar.com/index.php/site/engineering_transcendence/
and look forward to your comments. By the way I will expand this
article in a book titled "Transcendent Engineering".
G.