[extropy-chat] Sasha is alive!

Lúcio de Souza Coelho lucioc at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 14:41:55 UTC 2007

(...)
> A small one wouldn't work. There's not enough mass in a solar system
> to have a singularity with gravity gradient a human body could tolerate.

Shame on me, you are right! Supposing a black hole 1/1000 of Earth
mass, the relativistic traveler would have to follow an orbit with
radius in the order of micrometers around the thing. Ridiculously
unsuited for a human-sized object. Next time I promise I will make my
back-of-the-envelope calculations before suggesting outlandish scifi
stuff. :)