[extropy-chat] yo extropes

Brian M. Delaney listsb at infinitefaculty.org
Mon Jan 8 16:31:59 UTC 2007

>> From: "Mike Dougherty" <msd001 at gmail.com>
>> Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] yo extropes
>> To: "ExI chat list" <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
>>
>> On 1/5/07, Brett Paatsch <bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
>>> happy new year to ya's (even you'se american ones who might not
>>> be so fully deserving of it)
>>>
>> I would have let this go completely if I were actually offended by it,
>> but I'm curious what makes you say something like that?
>>
>> Seriously, I'm not trying to be confrontational.  I just want to better
>> understand your worldview.
>
> G'day Mike.
>
> You ask a fair question courteously but I don't know you. You seem to
> be a newcomer to the list. Can you give me a brief introduction to
> yourself first? - that would help me to help you to understand my
> "worldview".
>
> Brett

Hi Brett,

Could I ask a narrower question -- not about your worldview (I
understand how that might elicit a counter-question) -- but just a
simple interpretive question?

In what sense might Americans not be so fully deserving of a Happy New
Year greeting?

Thanks, and Happy New Year!
Brian

--
For the new year. -- I still live, I still think:
I still have to live, for I still have to think.