[extropy-chat] what is probability?

Max More max at maxmore.com
Tue Jan 9 03:49:18 UTC 2007

Damien: In affirming a (sophisticated) social constructivism in
epistemology, do you mean:

(a) our means of perceiving and understanding knowledge are socially
constructed
or
(b) truth itself is a social construction (and not just in obvious
cases such as what is "polite")
?

And if it's (a), would I be right to suspect that your view is that
we can understand and allow for the resulting filtering? (As
distinguished from the view that we're permanently and hopelessly
locked behind our socially constructed lenses?

Max