[extropy-chat] what is probability?

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 14:31:59 UTC 2007

On 1/9/07, John K Clark <jonkc at att.net> wrote:
> "gts" <gts_2000 at yahoo.com>
>
> > Einstein too was something of a philosopher
>
> Lots of good scientists wax philosophic when they get older, but not when
> they were young and productive; they had better things to do. The best way
> to understand how science works is to do science; otherwise you're just
> dancing about architecture.

What science do you do?  You appear to be defending pure science from
the adulteration of philosophy of science.  I am not clear on what
your real point is.  Perhaps you feel you have stated it so clearly
that we should have no trouble understanding, yet you continue to
defend your point.

disclaimer: Maybe it is because you often take such an extreme
position that I feel compelled to antagonize you.  I hope you
appreciate this in the vein in which it is intended.