[extropy-chat] System dynamics (Urban dynamics)

Fred C. Moulton moulton at moulton.com
Wed Jan 17 03:50:01 UTC 2007

There is an article about Jay Forrester here:
http://www.strategy-business.com/press/article/05308
To access the article you will need to give them an email address and
other info
(I will not discuss the issue of accuracy of the info you provide)
and then you can read the article.

All of this reminds me of a class I took in very early 1980s in Systems
Dynamics with the Dynamo Programming Language at San Jose State
University.  As I recall the Dynamo programs were run on a CDC CYBER
which was kept around primarily for this course.  My memory is that it
had a hardware failure and could not be reasonably repaired just at the
course was concluding (it was very old even in 1981).  I think this was
the last time that class was offered at SJSU.

Fred