[extropy-chat] The Bible Belt Paradox

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Thu Jan 18 03:49:49 UTC 2007

> Interesting. I wonder how that has percolated into teenage culture? On the
> other hand, you are a pretty good lecturer too, so you might have a cause
> of bias there.
>
> --
> Anders Sandberg,

Anders, for *you* to say that *I* am a pretty good lecturer is far too kind,
thanks.

I was speaking straight from the heart with them, about all the cool powers
one gets from studying a particular field of mathematics: calculus.  That
one area opens so many doors, admits one into the grokminati, provides a
whole new bag of tricks, a deep one.

The notion that modern teenagers are disconnected or not able to concentrate
doesn't ring true to my own experience.