[extropy-chat] The Bible Belt Paradox

Al Brooks kerry_prez at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 16 17:33:51 UTC 2007

Anders, this is really interesting.
  BTW, living in the midwest (a region worse in some ways than the Bible Belt) for 20 years, it gradually became apparent crime reaches even into churches, many crooked charities. exist as well.

Anders Sandberg <asa at nada.kth.se> wrote:
  I just put up an extended version of my analysis on my blog,

http://www.aleph.se/andart/archives/2007/01/criminal_because_of_god_or_godly_because_of_crime.html

so you can actually see the GSS results and check them. I also added an
analysis of how fearful they were, and it supports my hypothesis that the
fundamentalism-crime correlation is caused by fundamentalism being a
coping mechanism towards a dangerous environment.

--
Anders Sandberg,
Oxford Uehiro Centre for Practical Ethics