[extropy-chat] ethical issues with children

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 17:20:22 UTC 2007

Spike,

Regarding "crashing toys" -- its part of the learning process.  Would you
know how to rebuild an engine if you hadn't at least once cross-threaded a
bolt?  Would you know how to cook if you hadn't burnt something?  I don't
want to think about the number of times I learned that soldering irons when
plugged in are hot or that too little solder and too much solder both have
their problems...

Even when we are adults there are still times that we make mistakes... [1]

Robert

1.
http://thrillingwonder.blogspot.com/2006/11/biggest-and-hungriest-machines.html
(scroll about 1/3 of the way down the page).